Thursday 26 June 2008

OBE?

I woke up this morning just before the alarm, and I was in that drowsy state between sleep and total wake up. At some point I decided to turn off the alarm, which is on the nightstand at the other side of the bed (on hubby's side), so I rolled over and hold out my hand to tap on the alarm. Saw that it was 7.50. At that moment I woke up and realised that I haven't really moved, and then proceeded to turn off the alarm. Time was 7.55. Did I just have an out of body experience for a second?

Then I remembered that I had a similar experience while a kid. Once I was very thirsty, and I held out my arms to take a glass of water. Only to wake up and realise I didn't really move and there was no glass of water, I was in the bed. And it was no simple dream, I actually felt myself go through the motions of moving my arm to grab a glass of water.

I've read in one of the OBE books that one of the major triggers for actually having an OBE is a strong need. And being thirsty is listed as one of those needs that might trigger it.

This morning was nothing earth shattering, but it was an interesting experience. I understand now a bit more about when it's mentioned that one needs to be very very close to falling asleep/or just having woken up when the actual mind didn't start yet functioning. It's really difficult getting there consciously, as one either falls asleep for real in the process, or wakes up completely (having the daily thoughts intrude in our mind), so the state can't be achieved anymore. At least now I know what feeling to strive for.

0 comments: