I've just finished reading The Unbelievable Truth by Gordon Smith and I quite liked it. He is a famous medium in the UK and I had his books on my wishlist for a while now.

He writes about how he became a medium, the book it's sort of an autobiography, but he also writes about other subjects and what he thinks about them, about myths on life after death, heaven and hell, ghosts, altered states, reincarnation, etc. I particularly liked the chapter on reincarnation, and he rebuffed some myths about it. He also warns about some the so-called psychics who tell their 'customes' that they were previously Cleopatra or Napoleon, etc. Then ironically he adds 'why they don't tell anyone they were street sweepers in the 1920s' I really liked his dry sense of humour throughout the book.

He went on to describe a flashback he had when he went over to France to a small town and he knew exactly where the pubs were, where the church was, etc. And he says he has never been abroad before in his life. This description was just like many experiences described by regular people who remembered past lives in the PL forum.

He wrote about Carol Bowman's experience with her children, and mentioned her book as well. I was smiling as I was reading that part.
He also mentioned Ian Stevenson and Brian Weiss.

Although the chapter on reincarnation is only about 20 pages or so, I found myself nodding in several places while reading this, actually I was nodding through pretty much all of his book

If you want to read this book, you can get it here: The Unbelievable Truth - Gordon Smith

0 comments: