Wednesday 2 July 2008

Musings about one's roots

A while ago I posted on my jewelry blog about my roots as a szekey. And although I don't regret it, I did get to change my views recently on the whole idea.

I'm reading now The Return of the Revolutionaries, a massive book choke full of cases of reincarnation and also with the author's insights about reincarnation, about the organized religion, and similar issue. While reading this book, I started to see various things from a different perspective. The popping up cases for reincarnation are so many that one can really no longer ignore them. Ian Stevenson's thorough research, Brian Weiss's hypnosis regression sessions, Carol Bowman's experiences with hers and other children, Jenny Cockell's memories even since she was a kid of a past life of Mary Sutton who died too early and left behind 8 children in Ireland - all this verifiable after years and years of research, down to the smallest detail, all these are just too big to ignore this major issue any loner.

The author of The Return of the Revolutionaries has a point when he says that it's all moot, putting one's roots above others is wrong, simply because in each new incarnation we will come back in another community, another environment, to another group of people. While in one life I might be a white Christian, in the next life I might be a Jew, or a Muslim, or a Mormon in America. So what does all this prove? It proves that we're equal no matter where we were born in this lifetime. Nobody is superior to another, no society, group of people is more than others.
Plus refering to my particular post, even if my 'roots' are szekely, that doesn't really say anything, because my soul might have been just in my previous life an Arab in Saudi Arabia for all I know, with a completely different family, or a Hindu in India. In that life Szekely didn't really matter, just as in my next life it won't matter anymore either.
The post is good in explaining one about what szekely is in the history of its development, but not in explaining my personal roots. While I'm living on Earth through all my incarnations, I'm human, no more, no less than that.

0 comments: