Day 2. Came home from work and just to start the weekend nicely, I decided to continue with this project.

I had some worries from before that I was sure this meditation session will not be able to calm down, but I was wrong! I sat down, put on the headphones, put all the worries in the box and followed the instructions. I have to say, I really enjoyed this session. Hemi synch starts to grow on me. So how exactly did this session go and what did I experience?

Well, for starters I was sure nothing will happen, and I won't feel anything special. After a few minutes though, my both hands, which were with palms down on my laps, got very numb. And I mean so numb that I got for a second scared, as I didn't feel them anymore! Or at times I had a feeling that they were palm face up! Honestly, I don't think I've ever experienced such a 'loss' feeling in my limbs . I actually got nervous and a giggle escaped me. But then I continued. Eventually all my body got in a nice relaxed state, and my hands got back to the normal relaxed way along with the rest of my body. Why at first my two hands got so very numb, it's still a mystery.

Another thing I've noticed is that worries, and random thoughts still came my way, of course, however they were more lightly tugging at my mind, not really intruding. They just came and went.

Third, it was the very first time that I actually kept through a sitting for close to 40 minutes. With every traditional meditation until now, my maximum limit was around 20 minutes. After that I was getting edgy, antsy or simply woke up from the 'trance' on my own. Here, when the voice told me that after a count of 10 I will be wide awake, I was wondering where did the time go, and I wanted it to last longer. I'm still deeply puzzled about this feeling that I had, and the fact that the time went so fast by!

Finally, once I fully woke up, I remembered the acute worries I was having before, but I was (and still am) very calm, as if they could not touch me anymore. Even an email that I had to reply to (regarding one of my worries) I managed to reply very calmly and sorted out everything unexpectedly easily. It's been over 10 minutes that the session ended and I am still totally calm, as if a blanket got thrown over my worries. Absolutely wonderful way to continue the day. I haven't felt myself so out of worry in a long time. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean that I ignore everything at the moment, what it means is that right now, I can deal with stuff much calmer and in a more relaxed fashion. Let's see how long this feeling will last...

All in all, I loved this session. I have no idea what I was supposed to feel, to experience, but there you have it, my personal diary for this session, as it went for me.

0 comments: