I've decided to try out the White Light Meditation because I am already familiar with the soothing voice of Dick Sutphen, and he has a nice calming effect on me (for example Brian Weiss's voice does nothing to get me into a meditative, altered state).

This is a really nice suite of 2 meditations, which after focusing on calming your mind and body, each gives you a set of positive affirmations that you can take away from the session, feeling healed, content and cleansed. Something weird happened, however during one of my sessions with this meditation.

At some point, when my body was quite numb and my mind quite so as well, I had a flash of a male person sitting on a bench looking at me. It was so out of ordinary, since there was no prior thought about benches, parks, or people, or anything similar. Of course, I recognized the face, which I know was simply of my mind trying to rationalize it in a way it can process it, so that means really nothing. However that sudden strong image of that person there, and the strong jolt of electricity I felt right then was very real. Unfortunately the few times when I get such a jolt of electricity through my body, or suddenly my mind goes awake because it realizes something has happened (when my heart skips a beat in realization), I usually wake up from the trance, and I have to stop the meditation, as I'm no longer 'there'. Sadly, this is what happened to me once again.

Getting jolted out of meditation is not fun at all. It leaves you with a drowsy, disoriented and grumpy feeling like when you're awakened from a deep sleep suddenly. I'll have to learn to control my impulses and emotions better, so next time when such an encounter happens, I will remain in my altered state and do not get jolted out of it needlessly. Maybe then I will learn to see and interpret the images that keep coming at me, which right now are so short in duration, since my mind doesn't want to let them in...

0 comments: